5 Content Marketing Principles that are Killing Traditional Marketing
In the olden days, TV, radio and mailings were the only way for small businesses to reach potential customers. Thankfully, those are days of the past. Yet, many old-school business owners are still tossing dollars to the wind with these costly, ineffective traditional marketing strategies.
You need to understand just how inefficient traditional marketing is in comparison to online marketing. Look at it like this:
- Old traditional marketing is like a Huffy Beach Cruiser
- Online marketing is like a Ducati Motorcycle
5 Principles of Content Marketing that Make It So Effective
- Content Marketing pushes instead of pulling. The concept of content marketing is about giving your target audience something that actually brings value to their lives. This creates a long-lasting relationship of trust. So, when they’re ready to buy, they’ll come back to you.
- Content Marketing is current and relevant. Unlike traditional marketing, good content keeps your audience keen on relevant issues, hot topics and trends. For example, a movement dedicated to #EmpoweringYoungGirls can write a piece about First Lady Michelle Obama making major changes in the White House. Then, publish that content on the same day she Mrs. Obama announces that cameras are now allowed on White House tours.
- Content Marketing both educates and entertains. This is the key to creating valuable relationships with your target audience. Traditional marketing, on the other hand, shoves the advertising message down the audience’s throat.
Creating Effective Content for Your Marketing Approach
When Traditional Marketing Just Doesn’t Cut It Anymore
When creating content for your online marketing strategy, be sure it has personality. Don’t be afraid to show your human side, versus the “commercial-ality” that comes with traditional marketing ads. Your audience needs to be able to relate to you if you want them to “follow you”, “like” your content and “share” it with others.
Tired of spending unnecessary dollars on traditional marketing? An online marketing plan from The EntreMarketing Group is a much more effective approach. Call 888-507-2191 or contact The EntreMarketing Group about customizing a content marketing strategy for your small business today.