Some are calling it the Mobile Apocalypse. Others are going with our favorite, the Google Mobilegeddon! So, what is it all about? Well, recently, Google made the following announcement about new algorithms and mobile search engine rankings:
“Starting April 21, we will be expanding our use of mobile-friendliness as a ranking signal. This change will affect mobile searches in all languages worldwide and will have a significant impact in our search results.”
3 Questions about the Upcoming Mobile Apocalypse
Three big questions come to mind when reading the Google announcement about mobile algorithm changes come April 21:
- What does this announcement actually mean for website owners?
- Why would Google give us a warning, since we all know new algorithms are typically sprung on us unexpectedly?
- What do website owners need to do to remain in the “good graces” of the search engine giant?
Google’s New Algorithm Changes to Cause Mobilegeddon
Many of are pleased that Google warned us about upcoming algorithm changes for once. BUT, the announcement is so vague, that it requires educated guesses to decipher. Here’s our translation of the Google Mobile Apocalypse announcement:
- Google will reward websites that are mobile-friendly with higher mobile search engine rankings (PageRank) starting on April 21, 2015.
- If your site is not mobile-friendly by April 21, your mobile rankings will be negatively impacted. You’ll get less mobile search traffic, having to rely solely on desktop traffic. This is horrible news for local businesses and online-only companies.
Why is Google Warning Site Owners this Time?
It seems that for once, Google is setting site owners up to succeed! The search engine mogul is giving you enough time to make changes to ensure that your website is mobile-friendly before the deadline.
Is your site mobile-friendly? Not sure? Then, let the experts at The EntreMarketing Group evaluate your site before it’s too late. We specialize in responsive websites that are 100% mobile-friendly.
Get your new responsive website from The EntreMarketing Group by April 21, 2015!
Call us at 888-507-2191 to schedule your free consultation today!