Does Customer Service Still Matter in 2015? Yes, It Does. And, Guess What Else Matters.
Recently, a client asked me “Does customer service still matter in 2015?” I was taken back by the question because in my opinion, customer service will always matter. Today, customer service is more important than ever in a society where consumers have more options than ever imagined, thanks to the World Wide Web, Google and other search engines. These days, they demand double doses of good ole fashioned, quality customer service.
Reasons to Believe Customer Service Still Matters These Days
And, in order to give them what they want, you need to get to know your customers. That will make it easier for you to anticipate their needs. Here are some tips for showing your customers that you understand that customer service still matters in 2015:
- Figure out what your customers want from your website
- Know what platforms they’re using to access your site to ensure compatibility
- Keep an eye open for user inquiries and comments, and reply immediately
- Include comment cards for customers in all product deliveries
- Send out thank you trinkets and/or notes to loyal customers
Show your customers just how much customer service still matters in 2015 with clear communication and prompt service. Also, make sure they know that you truly appreciate their business.
What Else Matters in Business in 2015?
As you can see, customer service still matters these days, even more than ever. But, there are a few other things that also matter when it comes to running a successful business in 2015. Check them out:
- Expertise Still Matters – Make sure the people you hire and put on your time have the skills needed to do their jobs.
- Patience Still Matters – Every new business venture takes time to take off. So, plan accordingly.
- Costs Still Matter – One thing entrepreneurs learned during the Great Recession of 2009 is not to overspend.
- Profits Still Matter – Every business owner has the same basic goal in mind: to make profits. Keep your eye on that prize.
- Customers Still Matter – It’s much easier to land a new client than it is to retain a current one. Always remember that it takes top-notch customer service to keep clients happy.
Do you think that service still matters in 2015? What else matters for women in business these days?
Share your thoughts in the comments below.